Monday, October 29, 2007

Oslo is Amazing!!

We are waiting on pictures that Soster Fox has said she sent quite a few days ago!! In the meantime, here is an excerpt of her letter today!! Check back for pictures in a few days and thanks for the many prayers on behalf of Carrie as she has worked on learning the language. Sounds like the blessings are flowing!!



Well, it is a wonderful blue day here in Oslo, and I cannot believe how much I love it here in Oslo. It is amazing!! OK..... so here it goes: things are wonderful here in Oslo. I love it here. My companions are amazing!!!! Me and Sister Adams are crazy together! It is sooo funny because we are seriously crazy.... it makes the days so much fun. Sister Goodsell is amazing too. She is from Logan, UT, and she is a little more quiet and serious but she still knows how to laugh and have a good time. She just sits and laughs at me and Sister Adams. We just all have so much fun together. We are teaching an investigator, Rebecca, and we just set a baptismal date for her which is so exciting. She is amazing. She has been studying the last six years to be a priest in the state church of Sweden, and so she knows a ton already which makes it easier to teach her. She is just so receptive, and she writes down all her questions, and she has already read Mormons Bok. So cool.... and she is Swedish, which is funny because she doesn't speak Norwegian, so our conversations are a combo of Norwegian, Swedish, and English.... pretty funny stuff! But yeah, things are going really great. It is so nice to finally be able to participate in lessons! The Elders here are great too. They are Eldste Lange, who I was in the MTC with, and Eldste Herrey, who is a Swede. The other two Elders are Eldste Welch and Wightman. Everyone has been super awesome to me. They are wonderful. We have a lot of dinner appointments with all of us together. Since the Sosters are outnumbered, we always have to sit next to at least one of them. It is sooo funny because they play this game where they just put lots and lots of food on our plates, and of course we have to eat it because it is not polite to have something on your plate and not eat it. Oh man, it is crazy. And you cant go to the bathroom, or else when you come back your plate is seriously filled to capacity. It is sick... but so funny. So we decided to start playing the game back at them. It is just hilarious. So much fun. So yeah, things are going really well here in Oslo. I am soooo happy! I am learning how to be a really good missionary. I feel like this is my reward for facing challenges last month. It is amazing what the Lord blesses us with if we just keep going. I have seriously come to know how much the Lord remembers me and my problems in the last few months. He has sent so many people to me to help me. So yeah, all in all, things are going really great. So guess what happened on Friday? Don't freak out.... I sprained my ankle! But don't worry, I spent a couple days just hanging out at the outreach center, and I am going to be fine. Basically, Carrie Forsyth, the sister who left right before me but then came back because she is marrying a Norwegian guy, well she babysat me the whole time. It was so much fun. And then our investigator, Rebecca, came and babysat me for awhile too. It was so fun! But yeah, I am up and walking again, just a little sore. But nothing too serious, so I am going to be fine. Basically it has been a pretty good week. My Norwegian is coming along really well too. Being in Stavanger to start was really tough, but it forced me to buck up and speak it more. So I am a little ahead of Sister Adams and Eldste Lange, simply because I have had to speak it more. So that has been kind of fun. And there are a lot of relatives up here of people in Stavanger, and apparently a bunch of them called the people up here at the outreach center and told them to look for me and to make me feel at home. So cute! And I have gotten a few emails from the youth in Stavanger, they all cant wait for me to come back. So, things are good.......Send my love to everyone!! Soster Fox :) Skies are blue!!

1 comment:

Julie T said...

Skies are blue for you, I'll bet, no matter what they look like! You are lucky to have a gift for being positive! I love reading about Oslo and Stavenger and the members there. When I was there, of course, I was not LDS. Isn't Oslo beautiful, though? But Stavenger is more quaint and liveable. I am glad you are able to laugh-I feel so sorry for those that can't or don't. Joseph Smith laughed a lot and taught me that humor helps us not take ourselves too seriously and remember that "there are no ordinary moments"!