Friday, October 19, 2007

Pa Norsk!!! (In Norwegian!)

Here is a little bit from Soster Fox's letter this week.....we hope to get more picturres soon!!

And guess what else I did...... I spoke in church, på norsk!!! Seriously, it went really well. But I spent an hour on the phone with Elder Bagley while he helped me translate my talk to norsk. But my talk went really well I think..... It was on President Hinckley's talk Let virtue Garnish thy Thoughts Unceasingly. So yeah, it was soooo scary but it was good and I am glad that I did it.
We had the best time playing volleyball on Saturday with the Youth and Less actives. 16 people came and so it was sooooo fun! While we were there, this guy walked in wanting to know what time church was at. He is here on business, and guess where he is from???? REDMOND! I know, crazy huh???? He is in the Bellevue 7th ward, but he knows the Cabuligans, and his son is in the singles ward. It was so fun to talk to him. The last name is Calloway, so tell Jessica if she knows anyone with that last name I met his dad. It was funny. He took a picture of me on his cell phone as proof that he met me, and I wrote Jessicas name down for him to give to his son to say hi..... So yeah, cool experiences with Redmond kids all the way here in Norway..... Gotta love it!

Anyways, mom, I hope everything is well with you. All of my leaders are very supportive and have been wonderful to me. I am being taken care of, not just by them, but by the Lord too. He knows exactly what I need and when I need it. I can see His hand in my life every day. So dont worry, I am really good. I will keep you informed as to what is going on here! I love you so much and I miss you more!
Give everyone in Redmond my love!!!
Love Always,Søster Kitty

1 comment:

Julie T said...

It is so fun to see these pictures and hear good reports from Soster Kitty! I didn't know kites were such a big deal over there and they will be even more all over due to the movie coming out of The Kite Runner. His kites are selling for thousands of dollars! Carrie is in my prayers on the Norsk thing-it really does take time but I'm proud of her for giving the talk such a great try! She will inspire many just through her sheer commitment and determination fueled by her faith and love for the Savior and his Norwegian sheep!