Monday, May 26, 2008

My Time In Stavanger........

In today's email, Carrie shared a few thoughts about her time in Stavanger:

Well, about my time in Stavanger. I love it here. I am going to miss it soooooo much. It has just been an amazing time of growth and learning. I love the members here, and we have been able to get a lot of the youth back in church, so hopefully they will keep going. It has been so cool to see the gospel work in their lives, and it has helped me a lot. My own testimony has been so strengthened just by trying to help them get a testimony. I feel like I have had so many wonderful experiences, and lots of hard one's too, that have helped me to figure out some things. Mostly, I think that Stavanger has such a special spirit here, and I have never felt the love of Heavenly Father so much as I have here. I think it helps that I have learned to recognize it a little more... But mostly I will miss the people. I have become really close with the members here, and with our investigators. It was cute, because in Sacrament meeting, they sang "Each Life That Touches Ours for Good," and two of the youth here looked back at me, and just pointed at me and were like, "This one's for you!". SO of course that made me cry more, but it was just a good feeling to see the good that has come out of me being here. So, overall, it was a wonderful place with lots of good experiences, a place that I will never forget. So that is the short version of how I feel about my time in Stavanger..... :)

No comments: