Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Fun with Soster Splits!!

Last week Carrie and her companion split up for a couple of days and traded companions. Sister Silvennoinnen is from Finland. Carrie had a great time with her and some funny moments helping her learn about American things!! Carrie shared a few fun things in her letter last week:


But yeah, things went really well with Sister Silvennoinnen. She is a really cool girl! We got along really good..... She was happy to have a change of pace and try some new things, and so I just showed her a good time, and she loved it. Funny story though...... She is Finnish, and so she is not familiar with American food. So she wanted to try everything! And so I told her to go for it..... I come out of the shower, and she points to the Pepto Bismal, and she is like, that stuff was kinda weird..... HAHA! I told her it was medicine, and she almost died! She tried the shortening too! Funny stuff. But we had a lot of fun together, she is really nice! Very European, not that that is a bad thing, but you know, just different. There are some things that she doesn't like about Americans very much, so we had a nice long chat about learning to understand one another. Basically she thinks I am amazing, and I am like, honey, I am an American too, don't forget that! Funny stuff! So yeah, we dropped her off at the airport on Wednesday, after we ate at the Phipps. It was so funny too, because her english is ok, but she is very unsure in it, and so really, the common language was Norwegien, and so that is what we spoke most of the time. Well, we were over at the Phipps, who speak NO norwegien, and she was doing pretty good at the whole English thing. And all the sudden she just starts speaking to me in Norwegien, so I answer her back in norsk, and this goes on for a few minutes. And all of the sudden, she is like, AHHHH!!!! I am soooooo sorry! She just starts apologizing to the Phipps, and they are like, ummmm we don't care. It was really funny! So we dropped her off, and then I went back to the Phipps for a few hours while we waited for Lewis. I just snuggled into Becka's bed, and talked to Sister Adams the whole time I waited. So, all in all, it was good to get Lewis back and get back to normal. I think we needed a little break too, so it was a really good thing. So it was a real adventure!!

No comments: