Monday, July 30, 2007

Sister Fox's First Week was Crazy!!


Here is an small part of Carrie's first long letter home:


Things are crazy around here!!! I never have a minute to spare. It is such a grueling schedule, and I never thought it would be hard to sit in a classroom for 14 hours a day. Norwegien is going pretty well. It is a really hard language though. Lots of rules, and there are only about 8,000 words in the language versus 25,000 for English. So things don't always translate over easily. But I am know how to pray, bear my testimony, numbers, and basic manners and phrases in Norwegien, so that is cool.

And let me tell you about the devotionals and such here. They are simply AMAZING! The Spirit is so strong here, basically everywhere you feel it. I am learning so much, sometimes it is a little overwhelming. I know now that this truly is a once in a lifetime opportunity. The other day at devotional we sang Come, Come Ye Saints, and I had the most amazing experience. I was feeling super homesick, and I just wasn't feeling myself. But as we sang that song, the second verse mostly, I was struck by it because I realized that I don't have it so hard, and that 18 months is nothing compared to what it could be. Everytime I start feeling down I just repeat those words and remember to buck up! But really, this is a cool place. Everyone is tired all the time, but you just take one day at a time and do your best.


We are so proud of Carrie and the way she is emersing herself in this experience! Way to go!! We love you and pray for you every single day!!!

1 comment:

Tiffany Fife Buckmiller said...

oh my little foxy. The little buck up phrase comes from me. Sounds like she's doing goood!