Monday, September 22, 2008

Ward Newsletter Message!!

A message from Soster Fox to the members of Highland 5th Ward!!

Greetings from Norway!! I am in the beautiful city of Trondheim, Norway! This is truly a breathtaking city...... so beautiful! It is situated right in the middle of a fjord, and so it is very green with lots of water and just plain gorgeous. We love the city! I moved here about 8 weeks ago, and I can honestly say that it is the most beautiful place I have ever seen! It is a University town, so we have an Institute Center, which my companion, Sister Hansen, and I are assigned to. We love working with the Young Single Adults! It has been a joy, and we are so grateful for the opportunity to serve here.
We recently had the opportunity to hear from a member of the Quorum of the 70, Elder Steven Kerr, at a Mission Conference that was held in Trondheim. He had some wonderful words of wisdom, and it was so refreshing to hear from him. The thing that stuck out to me the most came from the talk he gave at the Saturday night session of Conference. He spoke about how we need to love people into the gospel, and how that is the only way we will ever truly be Christlike. This really struck a chord with me because that is probably the biggest thing I have learned while serving a mission. It has not always been easy to love the people that I work with, often times it is very frustrating. But I have seen that when I truly love those that I work with, everything seems to fall into place. When we love someone, we are in a much better place to be able to help them. And a great bonus of learning to love is also learning patience! We develop great amounts of patience when loving people. I know that this has helped me so much in my work here in Norway, and I am grateful that our Heavenly Father has given me the opportunity to learn things that will help me the rest of my life. The best part of Mission Conference, though, was when Elder Kerr stood up in the middle of the meeting and asked ME to bear my testimony to everyone! I won't lie, my heart was racing, but it was an amazing opportunity that I am so grateful for. The Spirit was so strong, and my testimony was strengthened. It was my privilege to testify of the love our Savior has for us and the truth of the restoration of the gospel through the prophet, Joseph Smith. I love serving the people of Norway and will never forget the many amazing experiences I am having here.
Thank you for your love and support! The work in Norway is moving forward, and in large part due to the prayers of the members of the Church. I am so grateful for blessing it is to be a missionary, and especially here in Norway. I love these people, and I know that the work the missionaries do is of great significance! I hope everything is going well for you all! May our Heavenly Father continue to bless you!

1 comment:

Julie T said...

Wow, Sister Fox! Tronheim was like my favorite city in all of Norway! I remember it with fondness and it IS gorgeous!! So fun to read of your work and experiences! I hope I get to talk with you face to face about it all after you are back but before it begins to fade!