Friday, August 15, 2008

Too Long!!!

OK, I must apologize for not posting anything new on Carrie's blog for so long!! Mike just got married last Friday and it has taken much of my time and energy!! But things for Carrie have continued to move forward. She has been transferred to Trondheim which is in the northern part of Norway. Carrie LOVES it there!! Here is bit from her first letter after arriving there:

I finally made it north of Oslo. I arrived in the beautiful city of Trondheim on Wednesday! This is truly a breathtaking city...... so beautiful! It is situated right in the middle of a fjord, and so it is soooo green and lots of water and just plain gorgeous. So we love the city! And it is a fairly big city, so there is a lot of good shopping and lots of people. It is a University town, so there is a lot of young people here. Half the branch is young single adults. President said that is why he sent me here, because I do well with youth. So that is kinda cool. They all come back in a week, so I am excited for that. Our apartment sucks. It is like living at girls camp. The bathroom drain is above the ground, so you literally have to scoop the water into the drain, and the floor is wet all freaking day long. And there is mold, and it stinks. We don't have a real kitchen, just two burners and a half fridge. Forget an oven or real freezer...... And it is like a million years old and a half an hour from town. So we called President on our second day, and he was like, ummm yeah I expected this phone call, just go find yourselves a new apartment! So we have been apartment hunting all week. We have like 5 showings today, and then we will decide tonight what we want. We have looked at some really nice ones, so that is good. You are right, we are kinda in the middle of Norway. But we are in the North Zone, which is something that Sisters haven't been in for a LONG time! So, we are pretty proud! The branch is smaller than Stavanger, but bigger than F-stad. It will get a little big bigger when all the students come back, though, so that is good! We have Zone leaders here, so that is good. They are really awesome, they cooked us dinner on our first night here! So cute! So we really like them. Sister Hansen is wonderful, we have fun together! But I really think that we are going to be ok....... The dialect has been kinda rough. It sounds like Chinese! But it is not horrible, so I am surviving! I haven't had too much trouble yet! I am becoming the dialect queen! :)

The following are some pictures Carrie sent a few weeks ago.....not of the area she is in now. I thought everyone would still enjoy them!!



Beautiful Soster Fox in Stavanger (I think!!)




Easter Egg hunting in the snow!!


Can someone help me out with where this is??



I think this is called Pinnacle Rock.....maybe my Norway friends can help me out and I will edit the posts!! Carrie is good about sending pictures, but not always good about writing on the back of them!!









1 comment:

Tami said...

Those pictures are so cute!! The top one is beautiful THat needs to be blown up!!