Sunday, August 19, 2007

Carrie has had another wonderful week filled with learning and growth. She is now long past the initial shock of such a huge lifestyle change and is doing so well at the MTC! We have received several letter from elders in her district thanking us for sharing such a wonderful young woman. One elder asked how a sister missionary could be so cool and yet have such a strong spirit about her!! Ali has gotten 3 letters from elders in Carrie's district telling her what a cool sister she has!! The sisters adore her, the elders love her and all the adults that come in contact with her are blown away by her wonderful spirit!! Keep up the good work, Soster Fox!!
Here is a short excerpt from her letter this week:

And, one more thing. This morning I was reading in Alma 56, where the 2000 stripling warriors were asked to go to battle by Helaman. I really liked their response, that they knew their God was with them, and would not suffer that they should fall. My favorite part, though, was when they talk about the reason why they knew the things that they knew, and why their faith was so strong. It was because of their mothers. It really hit me how much this applied to me. They said, "We do not doubt our mothers knew it." It is the same for me. If there is one thing that I have learned here, it is how lucky I am to have such a wonderful family. The reason that I am able to do what I am doing comes right down to the faith that has been shown me throughout my life. I doubt not because you knew it. And along with that, I have been shown the way that I can know it for myself. This is such a huge gift, and I grow more and more grateful every day. I don't think I have ever appreciated all of the gospel teachings that have given me more than I do now.

We are very grateful to see such growth in Carrie. She is amazing!! She sends her love to everyone!!

No comments: